The Froebelian School, Horsforth is committed to learning, progress and innovation within a traditional setting.
As one of Leeds’ leading preparatory schools our culture is to encourage all pupils to achieve their potential and we foster a community spirit. Our motto, ‘Giving a flying start to the citizens of tomorrow’, emphasises our commitment and dedication to provide knowledge, skills, experiences and opportunities that prepare children for their future.
- To provide a caring, supportive and structured learning environment.
- To deliver quality education which develops the whole child; enabling them to maximise their potential.
- To offer a wide range of opportunities for learning including a diverse range of extra-curricular activities.
- To foster good relationships throughout our Froebelian family and beyond.
- To ensure a smooth transition for children towards the next phase of their learning journey.
- Every member of the school family as an individual.
- Co-operation and partnership with parents, carers and the wider community.
- Our multi-cultural, multi-faith school.
- Our British culture and heritage.
- Kindness, tolerance, respect and integrity.
- Supports the holistic development of children’s moral and social values alongside their cultural and spiritual awareness.
- Creates a happy and purposeful atmosphere within the school.
- Encourages everyone to engage with all learning experiences.
- Promotes the acquisition of skills for life through our shared ethos themes.